Adding a New Profile Filter
The process of adding a new Profile filter consists of defining one or more conditions that will be used when the filter is applied.
- In a Profile filter, set conditions based on Recipient data or Groups
- You can connect multiple conditions using the Boolean operators AND & OR (e.g. "Age" field must be a number that is more then "35" AND equal to or less than "50")
- The "Test" drop-down changes depending on the selection made in the "Type" drop-down. Fox example, the tests that can be done when the "Type" is "Text" are clearly different from the ones that are performed when the "Type" is "Date" or "Number".
Learn more about how to set the conditions in a filter.
In the example below, a business that is using MailUp in connection with an ecommerce store is setting up a filter that looks for customers whose latest order amount was a number between 100 and 500. Two conditions were created using the "Decimal" type and connected using the AND operator. This filter is based on the assumption that the a field containing the latest order amount exists in the Recipients Fields.
Dynamically populating recipient fields
Among the fields that you can use to create Profile filters is the subscription date. This field is filled automatically with the date of when the subscriber is added to the List, and can be used for a number of useful filters and triggered messages.
If you are doing a comparison on that date (e.g. a filter that looks at everyone that subscribed 60 days ago) select the MM/DD/YYYY field format from the Type drop-down, as shown in the picture below.
When you select Decimals from the Type menu:
- MailUp expects a number in that field
- The number should not contain a thousands separator
- The number can use either the comma or period as a decimal separator
- Listing existing profile filters
- Editing a profile filter
- An introduction to filters
- About the Marketing+ feature package