When you send a message with MailUp - either from the MailUp platform, via SMTP+, or via the API - you can insert a link to allow the recipient to quickly subscribe to another list.
When to use it
This is useful when you've created a new list and want to let your customers/readers be able to quickly subscribe to it.
For example, imagine a scenario when:
- Your company launches a new product or service and wants to offer existing customers a way to keep up-to-date on it (e.g. Click here for product updates)
- Your marketing team launches a new blog, and wants to let readers of the existing blog know that they can sign up for blog updates (e.g. Click here for product updates)
- You wish to cross-market your main newsletter in an event-specific message (e.g. Like what we do? Sign up for our newsletter with one click)
- You want to cross-market a specific list from your main newsletter (e.g. Sign up to receive free ebooks)
- You use MailUp as your SMTP server, and want to add a one-click subscribe to your newsletter in the footer/signature of your messages.
How it works
The person that clicks on the link:
- Is automatically added to the list: no need to take them to a subscription form!
- Will see the Messages page, which can be fully customized.
- Will need to confirm the subscription (confirmed opt-in) to avoid any chances of unauthorized addition of a subscriber (if you need to disable confirmed opt-in, please contact us).
- May or may not receive a welcome email. It's up to you.
How to build the link
In the MailUp console, open the message that you wish to edit.
- Select the word(s) to turn into a link (e.g. Subscribe to our Crazy Specials newsletter with 1 click)
- Insert this URL after the http://
- In the code...
- [admin.console.domain] is the domain of your MailUp admin console.
- list=7: the number 7 here is the ID of the list. Replace it with the ID of your list (an integer)
- email: this dynamic tag insert the recipient's email. Use it as indicated above.
- group=10,20,30: this is optional, if you want to assign the new recipient to one or more specific groups in that list. You can find the Group IDs in the Codes table.
- The code defaults to a confirmed opt-in subscription method (a best practice). If you have reasons to believe that in your business scenario this should be turned off, please contact us.