The following is a list of frequently asked questions about the MailUp API
|Table of Contents|
Do you charge for use of the MailUp API?
- You can use one of the existing plugins (e.g. Salesforce) or an integration "hub" like Zapier
- You can use the MailUp Rest API and develop a full-featured integration between the two systems
- You can use MailUp Webhooks to update the CRM in quasi-real-time when something happens on the MailUp side.
- You can request an automated FTP export and import data into your CRM.
Our technicians can analyze and evaluate any custom integration between MailUp and other external systems. We may be able to work with you to add features to MailUp that allow an integration with another system. If the requested development can be used by other customers, you may be eligible for a discount on the cost of such development.
Can I install MailUp in my server farm and personalize it?
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Here are the two main reasons:
- MailUp's architecture consists of several frontendfrontends, backend, SQL, sql and sending servers, with redundant connections, to ensure the highest level of performance and reliability.
- The sending infrastructure is configured so that the sendings are distributed across several IPs, according to constantly changing rules and to the agreements with ISPs, that which often also provide guidelines to be followed. We have also signed agreements with many important ISPs, so to allow whitelisting and to prevent messages from being blocked by antispam filters, even with high volumes of emails being sent. MailUp has also agreements in place with ISPs to handle feedback loops. This infrastructure, also connected to a domain and DNS management (e.g. DKIM signatures) is hardly replicable externally, both because of its complexity and because it has to be constantly monitored and updated.
How do I create a subscription form that allows
subscriptions to more than one list at the same time?
You can use our HTTP Get/Post API. See Subscribe.aspx.
XMLSubscribe.aspx can be also used, but in this case, a confirmation email will be sent for each selected list. As an alternative, it is possible not to send the email, though we would not suggest this practice.