With MailUp v8, you can now use your MailUp account as an SMTP relay service.
Using MailUp as a SMTP relay service for transactional emails
You can use MailUp not only to run great email campaigns, but also to send transactional emails in a high-deliverability, high-capacity environment.
You can send transactional emails in two ways:
- With our SMTP relay service, called SMTP+ and covered in this section.
- With our APIs for transactional email
Both SMTP+ and the transactional email APIs are included at no additional cost with every MailUp account, leveraging MailUp's innovative pricing model.
This means that MailUp users can...
- Send transactional email messages with high deliverability from a Web app or ecommerce store
- Track open opens and clicks No additional cost: our SMTP relay service is built into your MailUp accounton those messages
- Manage bounces and feedback loops automatically
- Add this new sending channel at no additional cost!
Getting set up in just a few clicks
Configuring your MailUp account for use as an SMTP relay service only takes a few clicks.
- Create a new list
- Navigate to Settings > List settings > SMTP+
- Add a SMTP relay user
- Use those credentials in your application or Web site
Learn more about using MailUp as your high deliverability SMTP server.
- SMTP+ user guide: SMTP+
- SMTP+ for developers: technical documentation for leveraging SMTP+ from your application
- Transactional Emails using APIs: once you get an SMTP+ user, you may also call a web service instead of establishing a connection to an SMTP server
- SMTP+ for a Magento store: Magento Extension: Using MailUp as the SMTP Server