Using MailUp as a SMTP relay service for transactional emails
Starting with MailUp v8, we added the ability for MailUp customers to use their MailUp account as an SMTP relay service.
The service is called SMTP+ and it's You can use MailUp not only to run great email campaigns, but also to send transactional emails in a high-deliverability, high-capacity environment.
You can send transactional emails in two ways:
- With our SMTP relay service, called SMTP+ and covered in this section.
- With our APIs for transactional email
Both SMTP+ and the transactional email APIs are included at no additional cost with every MailUp account, leveraging MailUp's innovative pricing model.
This means that MailUp users can...
- SMTP+ user guide: SMTP+
- SMTP+ for developers: technical documentation for leveraging SMTP+ from your application
- Transactional Emails using APIs: once you get an SMTP+ user, you may also call a web service instead of establishing a connection to an SMTP server
- SMTP+ for a Magento store: Magento Extension: Using MailUp as the SMTP Server