Configuring the Extension
After installing the extension you will need to configure a few settings. To do so:
- Log into your Magento admin console and navigate to Newsletter > MailUp > Settings & Field Mapping (v2.3 and above)
- In previous version of the extension, the navigation used to say Newsletter > MailUp > Connect to MailUp
- You can reach the name page under System > Configuration > MailUp
You will now be able to configure the MailUp Extension Settings
With version 2.3 and above, the MailUp extension supports multi-store installations. You can now set at the store view level:
- MailUp settings (e.g. which list in MailUp to connect the store to)
- Field mappings (which fields in the MailUp account to map the store fields to)
Settings set at the higher level (e.g. at the Default or Website level) can be used "as is" or overwritten at the store view level.
Here is a description of what the settings are and what they do.
Enable module debugging log
|Admin Console URL|
This URL is unique for each MailUp account. It’s the domain portion of the URL shown in your browser address field when you are using your MailUp admin console. It looks like something like g4a0.s03.it or ddbd.emailsp.net.
To locate it, just log into your MailUp account, launch the admin console, and look at the URL in the browser address field.
|Web Service User Name||Your MailUp API User Name. To retrieve your MailUp API user name and password, log into your MailUp admin console and navigate to Manage > Web Services|
|Web Service Password||Your MailUp API Password. Same as above.|
|List||The List within your MailUp account that you wish Customers to be subscribed to, by default.|
|Enable subscription checkbox during checkout|
Select yes if you wish to show the newsletter sign up checkbox during checkout. Here is how it is displayed:
The text shown can be edited as any other text string shown in the storefront (see how).
|Enable Automatic Data Export||Select yes to enable automatic data export from Magento into your MailUp list. Additional details.|
|Export Frequency||Select how often data will be updated and exported. (e.g. choose "Hourly").|
|Webhook crypt key||If you are encrypting webhooks, enter the encryption key that you used in the MailUp admin|
|Enable module debugging log||Enable the debugging log if you are experiencing any problems and need to communicate with our support team|
|Disable Newsletter Subscription Notification||This setting disabled the email that otherwise Magento sends by default to customers that subscribe to the store's newsletter. Since a subscription confirmation will be sent by MailUp when the customer confirms their subscription, this email sent by Magento represents a duplicate and could create confusion. We recommend therefore setting this flag to Yes.|
MailUp API Credentials
Notes & Limitations
The date format used in the data that is exported to MailUp (E.g. order date) is always dd/mm/yyyy.
- This is true both for the data that is exported automatically (e.g. hourly data transfer from Magento to MailUp) and manually (using the customer segmentation feature of the extension)
- Keep this into account when configuring triggered messages in your MailUp account.
- Note that the date shown in Magento will reflect the Locale of the store (e.g. a US-based store will use dates in the mm/dd/yyyy format when using the customer segmentation feature of the extension)
Some additional limitations were recently removed.
- Lack of multi-store support was removed with version 2.3, which now supports multi-store implementations
- Absence of the newsletter subscription checkout during checkout was removed with v2.2, which adds this feature as a setting that can be turned on and off