|About MailUpImport||WS_MailUpImport Methods|
The MailUpImport web service allows you to load into your MailUp account - using groups and lists - contacts coming from your database. It also allows you to retrieve details about lists, groups and status of import operations, and also to segment the database. Among the tasks that you can perform using the MailUpImport Web Service:
- Get all the distribution Lists and the Groups they contain;
- Create a new Group within an existing List;
- Upload a list of subscribers in order to create a new import process;
- Get import process status;
- Start import process.
Each method returns a XML string containing a "MailUp Message", which includes a "ReturnCode" and the requested information (when available).
The ReturnCode is a number, with the following values:
- < 0 = error code
- 0 = call successful
WS_MailUpImport checks the following parameters in order to authenticate requests:
- WS username* (predefined for a specific MailUp console)
- WS password* (to be set in the MailUp console)
- Sender IP address (third party application)
*different from the credentials used to access the console
Authentication fails if:
- MailUp API is disabled in your MailUp account;
- username and/or password are incorrect;
- the IP address of the third party application has changed since the last successful access. The IP address can be manually changed in the MailUp console.
The WS_MailUpImport web service requires for every call an authentication via username and password; credentials must be passed in the header of the SOAP message.
Sample MailUpImport authentication
|Security warning: in the current release of the system the credentials passed in the authentication request are not encrypted|
ReturnCode values in case authentication fails are shown below:
|-1001||the account is not valid|
|-1002||the password is not valid|
|-1006||the web service is not enabled|
|-1007||the web service is not active|
|-1011||IP is not registered|
|-1012||IP is registered but has the "deny access" flag|
All the methods requiring idList e listGuid at input, execute a check on the input values and return one of the following:
|-102||list Guid format is not valid|
- MailUp customer: a company/business subscribing to the MailUp service
- Console URL / NL_URL: MailUp defines a dedicated URL for each Customer. For this reason, external systems must know the exact URL to which to send the request (e.g. http://mailing.myCompany.com/Services/WSMailupImport.asmx). You can use a custom URL if your account has the Private Labeling feature turned on.
- WS_MailUpImport: a Web Service designed to import recipients from a third party application
- MailUp API Account: credentials used specifically with the MailUp API, different from the credentials used to log into your MailUp account. They consist of a username and a password. The API account credentials are automatically created when a new MailUp account is created for a new customer, while for existing customers they are manually created via the MailUp console.
- WS: Web Service
MailUp API status
Once the API account has been created, the MailUp APIs must be activated in order to be able to receive requests (they are disabled by default for safety reasons): they can be activated manually using the MailUp admin console or automatically by calling a specific URL. Deactivation is also done manually through the MailUp console. The IP address of the application using the web service is registered at activation stage.
To manually activate and configure the MailUp API in your MailUp admin console:
- Log into your account
- Navigate to Manage > Web Services
- Select WSMailUpImport from the drop-down at the top
- Make sure they are enabled and that the necessary IP addresses have been added to allow for requests coming from there
Note about Data Fields
The WS_MailUpImport methods support up to 20 personal data fields. Should it be necessary to import more than 20 fields, there are other procedures that can be used. For example:
- Several consecutive calls until all the fields are imported;
- Batch import from file;
- Synchronized import from file, using the MailUpSend.SendNewsletterNL web service.