Message automation based on customer and order data
MailUp includes email automation tools that allow you to send triggered messages when certain conditions occur.
You can leverage these tools for all sorts of tasks related to your Magento-powered ecommerce store:
- Welcoming new customers
- Developing customer relationships by notifying customers of specials, promotions, etc.
- Boosting sales by creating incentives for existing customers to return to the store
- Re-activating customers that have been idle for a long time
- ... be creative!
Since through the MailUp Extension for Magento key data is transferred regularly from your Magento-powered store to your MailUp account, you can leverage that data to send automated, targeted message to your customers.
For more information about email automation in MailUp, please see: Triggered messages
Leveraging triggered messages to boost sales
Triggered messages can be a formidable sales tool. For example, let's say that you'd like to follow-up after a purchase with an incentive for an existing customer to come back to the store,
You could isolate customers that have purchased over $100 and whose latest order was 30 days ago.
You can then have MailUp check for all recipients for whom these conditions are true (e.g. once a day), and send a specific message to them.
A number of features help you set up automated emails so that they meet your needs:
- You can flexibly set the conditions based on which a message is triggered
- You can configure how frequenly those conditions are checked
- You can define blackout dates on which messages are not sent
- You can automatically assign recipients of automated messages to specific groups for additional targeting
For more details on how to set up a triggered message, please see: Add New Triggered Message
Adding dynamic product recommendations to automated emails
You can make your triggered messages even more effective by adding dynamic product recommendations to them.
We partnered with 4-Tell to make this quick and easy for you.
The folks at 4-Tell use proprietary technology to extract and analyze data directly from your Magento store (both real time and historical data), and use it to feed dynamic product recommendations into your MailUp-powered email messages. Merchants using their recommendation engine are reporting an average sales increase of around 17%.
- We don't make any money on the 4-Tell integration: we're talking about it here just because we think that it's a cool system, integrates well with MailUp, and can really help you be more successful!
- See this article from the MailUp blog about growing sales with dynamic product recommendations
- Learn more about the MailUp integration with 4-Tell
Back to an overview of the MailUp Extension for Magento.