Configuring the Extension
After installing the extension you will need to configure a few settings. To do so:
- Log into your Magento admin console and navigate to System > Configuration > Newsletter.
- In the left-side navigation, click on Newsletter under Customers
You will now be able to configure the MailUp Extension Settings
Here is a description of what the settings are and what they do.
|Admin Console URL|
It’s the domain portion of the URL shown in your browser address field when you are using your MailUp admin console. It looks like something like g4a0.s03.it or ddbd.emailsp.net.
To locate it, just log into your MailUp account, launch the admin console, and look at the URL in the browser address field. This URL is unique for each MailUp account.
Your MailUp account ID. It's the numeric portion of your MailUp user name.
For example, if your user name is m12260, your account ID is 12260.
|API User Name||Your MailUp API User Name. To retrieve your MailUp API user name and password, log into your MailUp admin console and navigate to Manage > Web Services|
|API Password||Your MailUp API Password. Same as above.|
|List||The List within your MailUp account that you wish Customers to be subscribed to, by default.|
|Enable Automatic Data Export||Select yes to enable automatic data export from Magento into your MailUp list. Additional details.|
|Export Frequency||Select how often data will be updated and exported. (e.g. choose "Hourly").|
The date format used in the data that is exported to MailUp (E.g. order date) is always dd/mm/yyyy.
- This is true both for the data that is exported automatically (e.g. hourly data transfer from Magento to MailUp) and manually (using the customer segmentation feature of the extension)
- Keep this into account when configuring triggered messages in your MailUp account.
- Note that the date shown in Magento will reflect the Locale of the store (e.g. a US-based store will use dates in the mm/dd/yyyy format when using the customer segmentation feature of the extension)